Monday, May 17, 2010

Lesson 2 - more light and shadow

I had my lesson today, and she liked my homework! She said I 'Got it'. Today we did a little with drawing things at a distance... How things lose contrast and tonal value is muted. Then we did a simple stone block wall in watercolor and discussed how light and shadow play on uneven surfaces. (felt like I was drawing the Wailing Wall!) We only used watery black watercolor - "We will discuss colors later". My homework for the week: Practice a stone block wall. Not very exciting but necessary practice! lol Craggy surfaces and fissures here I come!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be all ready to draw some chambers at this rate! Keep it up Cyndi!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndi, in my eyes, you've more than 'got it'. Your first posted drawing was fantastic.

    I want to make a hard cover zine one of these days ... and it will need artwork. hint, hint :-)

    Carole

    ReplyDelete