Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lesson 3: Working With Perspective


For Lesson 3, we worked with the concept of perspective, and we drew a primitive drawing of a stone path, a few silly trees and a wee hedge. My notes for the day were the following terms:


* Picture Plane - the boundaries of a picture - where the picture absolutely ends.


* Horizon Line - the line of view at Eye Level


*Vanishing Point - the point in the distance at which the lines of perspective disappear. This point is considered to be 21 mile in the distance.


* All lines of perspective above the Horizon Line converge DOWN while all lines of perspective below the Horizon Line converge UP to the Vanishing Point.


Now these terms may seem boring, but my typing them here, allows me to keep them in mind. I am posting the sketch we did, here, and I will try to post my homework on perspective when I get it done.


Pat asked if I would like to meet with her twice per week (I wonder if it is because she thinks I can move forward at a faster rate, or because she thinks I need the extra help!?)


I have to see how my schedule is for the next few weeks before I commit. With Shane graduation, baby's first Birthday and baby showers, this is a crazy month.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your trees are silly at all! And I'm certain that Pat thinks you can move faster - if I were her student, she'd be kicking me to the curb, not inviting me to come more often! Keep it up!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete